Skinpress Demo Rss

Interview Via "We Got It: Stars and Stories": "Queen: We Are Inventing New" with Dr. Brian May, Roger Taylor, Adam Lambert

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Monday, February 2, 2015

Posted at : Monday, February 02, 2015

New, in-depth interview in Vienna just prior to the Queen + Adam Lambert concert there, with Dr. Brian May, Roger Taylor, and Adam Lambert of Queen, currently touring the UK & Europe in January and February 2015. 

From "WE GOT IT: Stars and Stories"


LINK TO SOURCE OF INTERVIEW:
http://wegotit.at/queen-wir-erfinden-uns-gerade-neu/?utm_content=buffer27676&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#more-11161

TRANSLATION (From the original German BELOW) VIA GOOGLE TRANSLATE:


Queen: "We are inventing new!"

"The interview for the Vienna concert: Brain May, Roger Taylor and Adam Lambert about the new singer, the Mercury-heritage, the pitfalls of Michael Jackson duet, John Deacon and unreleased songs."

"You rock today with Adam Lambert, the city hall. But this is still Queen? Brian May: Of course, the Queen! Because Roger and I are doing and we are Queen! Freddie is to hear and see. And Adam Lambert. And that's just great."


"Find out what to expect from the concert today? May: It's a great show, probably the largest we have ever found on the legs.. 100 percent Queen! This is not a nostalgia show, but real and pure rock 'n' roll. Roger Taylor: The concerts are just wonderful. Brian and I are a team that for years and with Adam's never a concern that the hits are spanking. Adam Lambert: I'm grown by Queen as a performer and trust me now much more. At our first meeting almost four years ago I was still shy, but Brian and Roger now give me the strength to fill the big shoes of the legendary Freddie Mercury with flying colors." 

"Adam, where do you get this courage to sing this not only as famous, but also complicated songs? Lambert: The biggest adrenaline rush comes from the audience. Everybody knows it all queen hits by heart. That's half the battle. I have to then only error-free to get across (laughs). Clear all would completely go wrong, and indeed may be embarrassing. But it works. Because we respect and a real band. Taylor: This is now a dream team. For Adam does it all and therefore have all previous concerts were a triumph. " 

"What is the difference of Queen live 2015 grand Queen concerts of the 70 years? May: This is the best show we've ever done - and I think that Freddie would see it that way. The show is huge. These play Roger and I now better than ever. We have a bombastic production. The biggest show we've ever put on the legs."

"Adam, as you have actually discovered Queen? Lambert: I grew up with these songs. There is not a sporting event without We Are The Champions. These songs are long in our DNA. And then I looked at the Queen video and it had happened to me, because there's nothing better! Just as Freddie staged and how he dealt with the audience. That was just magical."

"2005 and 2008. They toured with Paul Rodgers. Why is now Adam Lambert is the better singer? May: The concerts with Paul were great and we will remember forever it. But this was different because we played his hits and have thus shown a little bluesier side. But with Adam 100 percent is now back Queen. And that's what we want. He comes from the same school as us and there is probably no Queen song he can not sing. Paul was already somewhat limited." 

"What makes Adam so special? May: Of course he is not Freddie, but much of what he does, reminds me of the young Freddie. He has incredible power and a voice-volume all in the shade. Taylor: I can not imagine that we do not need another singer from Adam or even want me. He is perfect." 

"Will there be a consequence a CD with Queen + Adam Lambert CD? New songs? Taylor: The most important thing now are the concerts. We are inventing new. May we enjoy the moment and see what may come. But new songs we have not yet spoken."

"How much of Freddie's spirit is still in Queensland? Taylor: Freddie is always in our thoughts. And of course he comes today before the concert. Lambert: Every sound that I'm singing on stage, and every step I make it, I think of Freddie. But I do not try going to copy it -Because it would be a sacrilege - but want it justice. "

"In the fall they have released the duet There Must Be More To Life Than This by Michael Jackson ... May: I had some unfinished demos Freddie and Michael have recorded together in 1983 for her solo albums, and from this we have tinkered a real queen anthem. It was a bit like puzzle games or archeology. Taylor: These songs we had totally forgotten. But now we are glad that we found them. Because the world needs new Queen songs! "

"Is there another unreleased songs? May: There are some demos and fragments, we may at some point you might publish. Taylor: There is also another version of the Jackson duet. A better, but we were not allowed to publish. The will be set on a new Jackson album. "

"First, Freddie Mercury, then Paul Rodgers, now Adam Lambert. How different are as ways of working? Taylor: Freddie was the most cooperative person I knew. He has encouraged every idea from the outside and was extremely flexible. It was a dream to work with him. Paul was caught up in his own world and Adam does everything they say it (laughs). "

"They appeared recently at the Helene Fischer Show on - that was for Queen because no descent? May: On the contrary! As a result, but many fans were attentive in Germany and Austria only on our new singer. Before so hardly anyone knew how good he really is."  

"Need Queen really such TV shows? May: This helps immensely. Even in England. Since we had already played a few concerts in 2012 with Adam but outside the fan scene who could hardly anything to do with him anyway. Even many of my friends asked me, "Can the real thing?" And then we had this one Aufritt at X-Factor and thus everything has changed. Now everyone says only: "Fuck, how great is your new singer!" " 

"Why do they do at that, yet. With all the millions they could but far from enjoying their success in retirement? May: We must no longer do, but we want and can. And the fans love it. For many, it's the only chance to see Queen live as Freddie is unfortunately gone so early from us. Taylor: What should I do the usual? On one of my yachts die of boredom? No. I want on stage!" 

"What makes her bassist John Deacon? May: As far as I know he's fine, but I now I have not seen for quite some time. He has given his full Ok for this tour, otherwise we would not make it. But except for financial meetings, we hardly see us. He wants his peace and the rock'n'roll nothing more to do and we respect that." 

"Adam, how often they wonder whether this is not all a dream? Lambert: Every day, because that is really more than surreal. A gift from God. I find myself repeatedly doing where I think to myself "oh my God, this is really happening now?" I really singing with my favorite band my favorite music? I deserve that? This is an insane honor and I am also very humble. The fact that the fans accept me."


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks glitzylady. Good interview.

"Queensland" - that's where I live in real life (Australia).

Anonymous said...

My goodness -- Brian and Roger sound like they are having so much fun back on the road that they are ready to resume where they left off with Freddie -- with Adam as Freddie's incarnate. They are talking about breaking out their long lost finished and unfinished QUEEN music now that they have someone who can sing it.

Beverly

Dee R Gee said...

Adam could take those unfinished Queen songs and breathe incredible life into them. And wouldn't it be a huge bonus if they would record NEW original music together!!!

This is really a great interview. All three of them together. This "aligning of the stars" has been a dream come true for all of them.

Anonymous said...

Bad translation. Not even worth it.

Anonymous said...

@8:49 - feel good about yourself now? Geesh...

It's an online google translation, easy to understand though what they were saying, so why not join in the fun

Anonymous said...

It's always worth it when someone is saying great things about the Queen+Adam combination!! What a wonderful write up; just love it!

I get a kick out of some of the translations but, I can definitely get the jest of what they are trying to say; mostly that Adam is a great fit with Queen! Keep them coming; makes a heart feel good!!