Skinpress Demo Rss

Manchester Evening News: Fan Reaction to Q+AL Concert

Filed Under () by broddybounce on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Posted at : Thursday, January 22, 2015

credit: Manchester Evening Post (photog uncredited)
This is a nice piece put together by the Manchester Evening Post of reactions to Wednesday's Manchester show by concert-goers.  As they subtitled it, "Following a five-star review, fans of the rock band have been flooding MEN social media and comments."

A couple of choice comments:

"Seems with each show Adam Lambert's vocals get even better but for some reason tonight I was blown away even more on two ballads especially Save Me. He sings it with so much emotion and I sobbed for first time in a long while. Adam's vocals are 2nd to none."

"What a band, what a frontman, what a spectacle."

"Absolutely fantastic gig. One of the best I've seen at the Arena. Boy can Adam sing."


5 comments:

Lam-My said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JAK said...

I find reading the comments quite interesting. The reviews are, as well, but the personal things people share make me feel connected to them. The woman who said she sobbed during Save Me, for instance. I would imagine there are many people who 'connect' with the emotion of the lyrics and with Adam's glorious voice so filled with pleading angst.

As a former teacher I can't remember how many times I've used the words "good job" to a pupil. I laugh inwardly to myself when each concert is over and the stage is showered with confetti I breathe a sigh of relief and say "good job"..... Perfect, inspiring, or as our UK host country would say,,,,brilliant!!!!!

Dee R Gee said...

Perfectly said, JAK. I am so glad that it's becoming "OK" to like Adam. Even those Queen purists are coming around. And as you said, it is so apparent that Adam is touching people in very personal ways with his performances. He just grabs you by the heart and won't let go.

yada said...

" He just grabs you by the heart and won't let go."....

Amen, Dee R Gee!

...And I'm not letting go either. :)

Unknown said...

Another one review of Manchester concert: http://www.gigjunkies.com/band-reviews/queen-adam-lambert-at-manchester-arena-uk-21st-january-2015/

And this one is good for me - he is a musician and has review of London 2012 too: https://markgilroymusic.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/live-review-queen-adam-lambert-leeds-arena-20115/

And this one is good at least for perfect pictures (and review of London gig also): http://tophatmonsterphotography.com/2015/01/22/queen-adam-lambert/