Skinpress Demo Rss

ADAM LAMBERTS ARMY: The Glamberts Will Rock You And Turn Mainstream Media On Its Ear!

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Posted at : Saturday, November 22, 2014

Queen came back in a major way in 2014. They brought in Adam Lambert and the tour kicked off somewhat unceremoniously in the press. I found a chance to go see it on a whim and I went with a group of friends. Nobody in my group was like really excited about this tour. We sat in a Joe’s Crab Shack eating seafood and guzzling back a few brews and it was starting to hit me, “Man, we are actually going to see the epic rock group  – Queen”. I knew about the talent of Adam Lambert from American Idol and I was starting to get pumped up about the experience.
We got into the parking lot at the Palace of Auburn Hills which is where they were playing in Michigan and that’s when I saw the fleet of big white trucks. I remember reading about Queen back in their heyday and they always travelled with an extensive light show. There were people standing out by those trucks taking pictures with their cell phones. The words, “Queen +Adam Lambert” was printed on the side of them in big black letters. Now, they people in my car might have not shown any hint of excitement but I could tell already by the gawkers that this was going to be a big deal. We ended up not sitting near each other which might have been a good thing. I got closer to the band than they did and for me this was turning into somewhat of a religious experience.
Paul Glantz, of Emagine entertainment, would sometimes show Queen concert movies in his theaters. I remember getting bummed out during one of those screenings while watching singer Freddie Mercury command the stage and the massive audience. I recall thinking that some people were irreplaceable and magical and once they’re gone they are really gone. Freddy had that kind of power in himself and in his fans. I remembered thinking I would never experience that kind of energy in my lifetime. Maybe, I had missed my chance and that was a long walk back to my car.
Now skip ahead months down the road and I am here live at the, “Queen + Adam Lambert”  show. The tour – oddly enough, was called, “Once in a Lifetime” and this perked up my spirits a bit. I could tell that the audience had this, “Paul McCartney Effect” where the young and the old came together and this music was spanning generations. I mean, some of the elderly in the audience were pretty old and I mean that in a good way. Rock music has become this accepted art form for the masses and you don’t see that kind of an audience very often. The young in the audience were very young, as in kids, and the old were pretty old.
THE HOUSE LIGHTS GO DOWN AND IT’S SHOW TIME
The energy was shooting across the halls of the Palace and I can see people buying shirts, getting excited and I am wondering where in the hell the press was on this? I literally didn’t even know this was even happening until my friends told me about it. This was no flash in the pan. This was a big deal. Queen is one of those big epic rock bands and is right up there with The Who, Led Zeppelin, and Aerosmith. This was big for another reason. Queen had tried this before with another singer a few years back, Paul Rodgers, and they didn’t go very far. Rodgers has a great voice and carried the band really well and delivered for the fans.  Then I didn’t hear anything more about the band or any more shows and I really wrote them off after that. I pretty much gave up the idea of ever seeing the group live.
“Damn man, where the hell was the press on this?” I kept thinking in my head.  “Why weren’t more people notified” I mumbled to myself and I started to wonder if the show had sold out?
I sat back and my mind raced back and forth over the whole thing. I could feel the tension that something big was about to go off. I really didn’t want to miss anything so I made sure that I was in my seat and then the lights started to go down and people started to cheer around me in anticipation. There was a big see through nylon net that draped over the set and it had the original logo of the band. You know the story about this one right? Each animal in the logo represented a member of the band. This came out in the 1970’s when the album, “A Night at the Opera” was released. But I haven’t ever see this used in a modern day promotion of any sort in decades. The idea was still valid of course but tonight it seemed to take on new meaning. I could see we were going back to basics on this tour and there were lots of details about the bands history everywhere I looked. The classic guitar riff, “God Save The Queen” came on as the audience cheered louder and louder. I could see this was going to be a mesmerizing experience.

Link to full article:
http://hotmetrofinds.com/metrodetroit/?p=708

16 comments:

LAMBERT Outlaw said...

I went to the article that this excerpt was linked to ... fabulous article ... fabulous comments below the article. This is one guy who really, really gets us. I agree with him whole heartedly ... where the hell is/was the mainstream (lamestream) media?? Keep up the good work Glamberts ...

tess4ADAM(LAMBERT Outlaw)

Anonymous said...

Read the whole article . . . brought tears to my eyes . . .yes...he gets it...so proud to be a Glambert
Blugram

Dee R Gee said...

How great is it that this person really GETS IT and expressed it so well? Love the comments. Adam touches so many people world-wide. I love being a part of this fantastic fandom. I feel part of something truly great.

Anonymous said...

This guy really gets it!! <3

Anonymous said...

Wow, the writer has a huge chip on his shoulder about MSM and he needs a proofreader.

Anonymous said...

Oh oh, he spelled Freddie's name wrong.

Molly R. said...

Sorry, but that "article" makes me cringe - blatant clickbaiting and obviously pandering to the fans.

Wrong facts and the usual "victim" meme.

Anonymous said...

Great article. There were a lot of good mainstream reviews as well. Didn't see a lot of promotion, but they didn't really need it. My show was sold out in one day, except for the lawn. 10 minutes into the Amex pre sale we couldn't even get 3 seats together. There was very little promotion for this show, actually almost none.

Anonymous said...

Ted really seems to hate the mainstream media, like maybe he can't get a job there?

He also seems to have found a new source of income in Glamberts with his plans to add a Queen + Adam Lambert feature on his main page.

Anonymous said...

Molly,

I totally agree. Adam is not a victim.

I hate fans painting Adam as a victim and the conspiracy theory like claims that the media is ignoring him.

The media is paying as much attention to Adam as they are to plenty of other great performers. I don't care about the stupid attention given to Bieber's antics and such. I also think good journalists have much bigger and more important things to report on like regional and world issues.

Anonymous said...

magsmagenta said in the comments that she defends Adam in comment sections. This is exactly what Shosh and Adam asked fans not to do.

Anonymous said...

It's really embarrassing how fans are taking credit for being better PR people and better journalists and selling out arenas.

Why aren't there any alternative points of view in the comments? My comment hasn't been published yet. I wonder how many are being blocked because Ted Cantu didn't like the opinions?

Anonymous said...

I have never read where Adam himself has asked mature adult fans not to express their opinions where comments were asked on a news story. I am sure he does not mind if it is done politely. Shoshanna mada a comment about it; but she is not Adam, even though she represents him, and she cannot control what his grown fans do. Fans have their own mind; and they are not puppets. I have heard adam say that a few fans are like his publicists and he said he kind of laughed about it. Maybe that upset Shoshanna; I do not know!

Adam's fans love him and as long as they represent themselves in a good light that will make Adam proud, don't seen any harm in that, in my opinion! Sometimes things need correcting, and it would be an injustice to Adam not to!!

Anonymous said...

Adam FAVOURUTED the following tweets:


Pat H @PattiHum ·
You know, when a major site like RS covers an epic collab & one of the artist's fans goes there & starts whining, it does him no good!!

and

Gelly @14gelly ·
HE'S SENDING AN INDIRECT BUT VERY CLEAR MESSAGE, FAVORITING THIS TWEEThe lightning


He cannot be more obvious.

People can do what they want but everyone who is spreading the "poor victim" meme and the "Adam is so underrated and not respected by the media" whining is doing him no favours.

Anonymous said...

2:21 PM, I agree with you.

2:01PM, Adam said that sarcastically.

Some people seem determined to not get it.

Anonymous said...

It's always been my feeling that RS really likes Adam, and recognizes his tremendous talent.