Skinpress Demo Rss

Will Adam Lambert Be the New "American Idol" Mentor?

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Posted at : Thursday, September 18, 2014

 Adam Lambert sat in as a judge for American Idol auditions in New York City on Wednesday, filling in for Keith Urban, who had to return to Australia when his father-in-law died suddenly. Whether or not Adam would like to make his affiliation with the show more permanent remains to be seen.
TVLine.com notes that last year's official "mentor," Randy Jackson, has yet to be announced as returning for the show's next season.  So, would Adam himself want that job, since he did a good job as a guest "boot camp" mentor last year? The answer is --  maybe.
The season eight runner-up tells TV Line, "I don't know...I have a lot going on.  I’m working on an album. We might go back out on the road with Queen -- so, I don’t know yet. There’s a lot happening.  Time is the issue."
Even so, Adam says he likes the idea in theory. "I feel like [mentoring and guest judging] is a way to give back," he explains. "I know it sounds corny, but I want to help the contestants with the light bulb that could go off.”
The 14th season of American Idol begins in January.

Read On ABC News Radio:

4 comments:

Lam-My said...

"I know it sounds corny, but I want to help the contestants with the light bulb that could go off.” ~ Adam
This is so well-worded; I've often used this light-bulb analogy but in a vastly different context; like Adam's voice might have shattered some thin light-bulbs in the ceiling. lol! And lo and behold, the Diva promotion showed Adam's voice exploding a chandelier. lol!
Okay back to the issue of Adam as a mentor...I think this time round, it's more productive to concentrate on delivering his own goods; he has done quite a lot on Idol and Idol got to find back its own footing; one way is let Adam be an AI judge. Performing is Adam's first love, not teaching which he is helluva good at! But not the right teacher for me, too distracting. Can't say actually, distraction impacts, wakes up the brain! lol!
Mr Harry C. said something which I had voiced out too in a different way, and that is: “He brings what no one else can bring which is the perspective of a contestant who made it all the way to the finale”.

Lam-My said...

Yea The Runner-Up upheld his title far beyond that of a runner-up. Like Paula said: All the way to the top!
And rightfully crowned by Dr Brian and Roger.
Both Michael Orland and Nile called Adam a genius. But he still doesn't quite believe he's a genius; that's true humility and wisdom; not just modesty. He knows there are a thousand and one more things he doesn't know, yet.

Gabi said...

If "Time is the issue" I wonder if Adam has already been approached for the position as a mentor. It seems that album #3 is Adam's top priority right now, which is a good thing.

Lam-My said...

Perhaps they sounded it out to his management/pr people, not directly approached; but he seems to have gotten wind of a possibility; he explains he would like to give back something to the Idol contestants but other more urgent issues like his third album and further touring with Queen, are his main focus.
I think AI might have just missed the boat, a fine speed boat.