Skinpress Demo Rss

Open Letter to my Sister Glamberts!!

Filed Under () by Adam Lambert on Sunday, September 7, 2014

Posted at : Sunday, September 07, 2014

I love to write. I love Adam Lambert. To be able to write about him as a contributor to this wonderful blog site is a dream job for me. Previously, I wrote about the object of our affections by trying to explain why so many of us "mature" women are enraptured by him, how he is the number 3 money maker from American Idol alumni despite being a runner-up, how his voice and Freddie Mercury's compare, a pictorial history of stage costumes and most recently his relationship with Joan Rivers in light of her recent death.
I am appealing to my sister Glamberts for two reasons: one is to ask for suggestions on more topics about Adam for me to research and write about that you would like to read and another is to confess a reaction I had when reading about Carrie Underwood's baby. Oh, I think it wonderful and all that but do you know my first reaction: Okay, Adam was number 3 of the AI alumni money makers, now with Kelly enjoying her baby, and Carrie pregnant, the road is getting clearer for Adam to step into number one spot. Was that terrible of me? *grin*
Wasn't his Queenbert tour wonderful? My daughter and I caught one show in Las Vegas, as unfortunately I can't afford travelling around to different states and countries. I envy those of you who do that (you know who you are! I did meet up with some of you for his first concert in Palm Springs and 3 Glam Nation concerts in California). I live in Arizona and hope some of his tours will include Phoenix!

Read more here:
http://www.cliip.net/20140907/0232/sally-open-letter-to-my-sister-glamberts

3 comments:

The Dark Side said...

I could have written Sally's letter, except I am older. In fact I have never gone to a meet and greet, etc, because I think too much is made about Adams older fans. I cannot speak for others, only myself. I had a gay son, who is no longer living, so I think this may be part of my interest in Adam. I do know my obsession became much stronger after the AMAs. I believe my continued devotion has a little to do with the lack of popularity he has achieved in the US considering his amazing talent. That said, it's only a part of my adoration. I have enjoyed music all my life and gone to many concerts over the years. Due to bad health it was a real effort to go to the one QAL concert I did. I hope young people can now see the brilliance that is Adam Lambert. I get annoyed that we older women are seen differently than younger fans. I think our history of music since we have seen the best, makes us better judges of what is good in music today. I saw Freddie back in the day and while he was a fantastic frontman, he left one feeling like they had run for a train and missed it. Adams frontman with Queen left me feeling like I may have seen the best concert if my long life.

Unknown said...

I also could have written Sally's letter. I live in a very small town and do not have anyone to talk to about Adam. Was thrilled when I found this site a couple of years ago, wish I would have found it sooner. I did see the season 8 tour, 1 Glamnation show and talked my husband in to taking me to Detroit for QAL . A dream come true. I have never been affected by anyone as I have Adam. He is one in a billion and I want him to have it all.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't matter if you are an older fan. Just don't tell the radio stations about it.