Skinpress Demo Rss

From GLAAD: Interview "Adam Lambert Talks With GLAAD About The Live Proud Campaign, Cultural Change, And Touring With Queen"

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Thursday, August 7, 2014

Posted at : Thursday, August 07, 2014

New Interview From GLAAD with Adam Lambert:



"Adam Lambert talks with GLAAD about the Live Proud campaign, cultural change, and touring with Queen"  By Matt Kane, Director of Entertainment Media at GLAAD | August 6, 2014

Some EXCERPTS from the MUCH LONGER Interview:

"Since publicly coming out following his appearance on American Idol, singer Adam Lambert has been one of pop music's most visible LGBT figures, and earned himself a loyal and passionate fanbase in the process. Lambert has certainly used his fame for good, working with organizations like the Trevor Project, Human Rights Campaign, and GLAAD on behalf of the LGBT community, and youth in particular."


 "Now he's once again partnered with AT&T on their "Live Proud" campaign and contest, which asks users to share memes expressing why they're proud for a chance to meet Lambert himself. Anyone interested in participating is encouraged to do so through the campaign's Facebook page or over twitter using the hashtag #ATTLiveProud while tagging @ATT or @adamlambert. The campaign contest closes this Sunday, August 10th."

 


 "Having just wrapped the North American leg of his tour with the rock band Queen, Lambert took a few minutes to speak with GLAAD about what he likes about the AT&T campaign, how he sees culture and the music industry changing, and his upcoming third album:"

GLAAD: In a lot of ways, you're kind of a perfect spokesperson for a campaign for the AT&T campaign since living out and proud has been very much a part of your public persona following your time on American Idol. In fact, I think a lot of people would accredit you with helping to bring about a major cultural shift in the music industry. From your own position inside the industry, have you noticed those types of changes as well? 


AL: Definitely. I think people are getting to the point now where it doesn't really matter—it's kind of an afterthought. Which is what I always wanted and I think that's one reason why I was so outrageous in some of my choices years ago when I first started. I felt like on a mainstream level, you didn't see a lot of that. I don't think I consciously did it, I just think I was rebelling against some of the conventions within my industry. Some of it worked to my advantage and some of it might have been questionable but I did it because I felt like I needed to and it was instinct. And now, I feel like we have found a tipping point and maybe it doesn’t have to be as outrageous. Maybe now it's in pride. What is beautiful is that now we're getting to a point where its backstory and not part of the forefront of what we're all doing. If you grew up parallel to the civil rights movement in the 60s, one of the things that has happened over so many decades is that we have become sort of [color]blind and we were encouraged with political correctness to not recognize the differences but to recognize the similarities. I think that's how we progress and move past racism in America and many similar issues. I think we could be on a similar path. 

 GLAAD: After the tour, what do you have planned next? 

AL: I'm working on my third album. I've already put in a good amount of time in the studio and I'm going to continue and finish it. I'm very excited. I think it's going to be really great, with stuff on there that is a slightly different direction [from what I have done] before, which I'm really looking forward to because I don't like repeating myself. I am working with some amazing producers and I think people are going to be in for a treat.

Link to the ENTIRE Interview HERE:
http://www.glaad.org/blog/adam-lambert-talks-glaad-about-live-proud-campaign-cultural-change-and-touring-queen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great interview. I'm so looking forward to that third album.

Gabi said...

What a great way to start my day! I'm really happy and proud how Adam has earned himself a very recognizable position in the LGBT community. I think it is important that he admits "bumps in the road" early on, which were a result of his gut instinct to express himself and raise awareness. He has come a long way and he has made an impact. Not a small feat. Yes, I noticed that he seems more relaxed now. I'm glad that Adam's solo career and album #3 gets some coverage too besides the undeniable mega success with Queen. Great interview!

blu said...

WOW

At&T

Imagine that

You guys know what I mean

Sorry still not over it