Skinpress Demo Rss

Byron Cooke's Blog: Queen & Adam Lambert Concert Melbourne, AU "I saw the birth of a new rock icon"

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Posted at : Saturday, August 30, 2014

                                                     **Picture from Byron's blog


"Queen & Adam Lambert - Icons & A Future Icon"

Byron Cooke (as many of us know) is a DJ from Australia who has been a fan right along with the rest of us long-term fans of Adam Lambert's since way back in 2009 or so... He has interviewed Adam several times, often with hilarious results.. He attended the Melbourne Queen + Adam Lambert concert (#2), and posted a blog today with a few thoughts about the concert, Queen, and Adam Lambert. 

Here are some of the words he used to describe Adam.. 

Excerpts from Byron's blog: 

"On the subject of fronting one of the worlds most legendary rock bands and standing in the place of arguably the greatest frontman of all time, Adam’s attitude was absolutely on the money."

[Adam Lambert] “It’s never going to be the same without Freddie. Freddie Mercury is a one of a kind icon and a once in a lifetime voice. He’s one of my heroes and I think he was absolutely brilliant. I don’t go on stage thinking I’m gonna compete with that. I just get up there to try to pay my respects to Freddie as a vocalist” 

 "I witnessed something bigger than a great Queen show tonight. Before my eyes, I saw the birth of a new rock icon. There were Aussies at Rod Laver Arena tonight who turned up knowing NOTHING of Adam’s career to date …..and left with a new favourite singer."

READ THE REST OF THE BLOG HERE:
http://byroncooke.com/queen-adam-lambert-icons-a-future-icon/  

3 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

Byron has gotten Adam from Day One. So glad they are friends. Hope Adam talks to him again about the Queen tour after it's over. Love that Byron saw new Adam fans being born right before his very eyes!

Unknown said...

I love your comment, @DRG. Byron has been fan-girling like us and with us all these years. I really enjoy his interviews with Adam - puts a huge grin on my face, that is if I don't actually laugh out loud at his attempts to get a date with Adam. Wonder if he wore pink to the QAL concert like Adam told him to in the most recent interview... when he mentioned that he's also a style icon like Adam or words to that effect?

JAK said...

Byron you sweetie......a steadfast admirer of our boy. :-)