Skinpress Demo Rss

Beautiful Essay via Artistsupporter: Queen Plus Adam Lambert: A Review

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Posted at : Sunday, July 13, 2014


Selected excerpts from the much longer and eloquently & exquisitely stated essay that describes her feelings about Queen and Adam Lambert, and the journey they have been on these past years.. I suspect many of us have parallel journeys. I know I have...

Please take the time to read this in it's entirety via the link in the tweet, or the link below: there are many more paragraphs to read than are reproduced here.....

"Music is my drug. It stimulates so many areas of the brain. The experience of seeing Queen with Adam Lambert stimulates one area of the brain in particular for many people of my age: the hippocampus. You see, the hippocampus deals primarily with memory, and for many of us, Queen is all about memory. We remember how Freddie could command emotion and bring us to tears with the flick of a mic stand or the raising of a hand or an eyebrow. We remember how devastated we felt when we knew that Freddie was gone forever. We thought that Queen, in all her glory, would be gone forever. Never would arguably the most extensive and well-loved rock oeuvre ever live on in live form. Our children and our children’s children would never be able to see Brian, Roger, and John recreate the joy, hard-rock edge, brilliance, musicianship, playfulness, and camp that was Queen with Freddie Mercury."

"Enter Adam Lambert.... "

"Last, and of course the furthest thing from least, thank you Adam. Thank you for being you. Thank you for being brave enough to suffer the slings and arrows of the haters, or those I just call “the ones who are not yet Adam fans”. Thank you for being humble enough for the people who are paying attention to know that you know your place in this miracle, and are grateful for it. Thank you for being fierce enough, because that is who you are. Thank you for honing your gift to such exquisite heights, and for protecting it when this challenge is overwhelming for the very best instrument. Thank you for your camp and playfulness, and for just not giving a shit about what anyone thinks when it comes to having fun, joy, and sexiness play out on stage. And thank you most of all for sharing all of this with us, your loyal fans. You have never let us down. You can be sure that we appreciate it, and love you all the more for it."

LINK to the rest of the essay on Tumblr:
http://artistsupporter.tumblr.com/post/91685484909/queen-plus-adam-lambert-a-review

12 comments:

Magiclady said...

I was going to bed a minute ago and decided to check in to 24/7 to see if there were any pics or vids from tonight's concert. The first thing I come upon is this wonderful fan review of Queenbert.

Now I have tears in my eyes. It always amazes me that there are people out there who feel the same way I do about Adam.

I am a Queen fan, always have been, and love that I am able to see them again. However, I am so infatuated by Adam and have been since the first time on Idol, there is really no comparison to other singers I have been in love or (lust) with since I was a young teenager and began my love of music.

I feel so happy that he is finally receiving the love and accolades he deserves from new people finding out how enchanting, charismatic, sexy and what an amazing singer he is.

I am not sure what it is about him that causes all of these feelings I have, but I am happy to be able to follow his career and what he shows us of his life and know I will be a fan forever.

Anonymous said...

Fudge the essays right now ----- however wonderful they are... Lol.

GO WATCH Adam's OFF THE CHARTS performance "Somebody to Love" sent straight from the Church of Glam Rock!!!!!!!

The note of 16-18 secs and --- and I sure wasn't ready for the whole SHIT (his words!!!) --- FLABBERGASTED just looking at him!!!!!!

Have not listened to anything else yet... NEED to go and find KQ, too!

Squeeeeeeeel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Above related to Toronto concert a few hours ago, of course.

NEED to see the whole show NOW!!!!!

Fantastic pics, too!!!

glitzylady said...

Yes, I posted 2 versions of Somebody To Love a while ago here (next thread) and I agree completely!!!

Absolutely AWESOME!

I'll be posting more vids from Toronto as they become available... It's gonna be a looooonnnnggg night here on the US West Coast :))

Adam just keeps getting more relaxed and comfortable and FABULOUS with each concert!

He's just so in his element....

I've been to 3 shows..and now I want to see MORE! Probably won't be happening, but I'd like nothing better to be in Madison Square Garden for THAT show!!!

Oh well....

glitzylady said...

But do take the time to read this essay when you can.. It's lovely and worth your time..

Anonymous said...

Read the wonderful Essay. It was beautiful and heartwarming regarding Queen and all of the Band Members. Especially Brian and Roger, who I have become to really love and appreciate because of their association with Adam Lambert and this once in a lifetime opportunity they are giving him; this is really big, and will be life altering for him.

When all is said and done; my heart belongs to the Glam One. I am and have been a fan of Adam's from the first moment I laid eyes on him, per Idol, and he opened that beautiful mouth to sing.

Tonight was nothing short of a beautiful entertainment miracle!
Adam's Church of the Glam Rock is going to have a growing congregation at every venue he appears at!

Adam's rendition of "Somebody To Love" was simply out of this world tonight, unbelievable. His vocal abilities have hit new, unthinkable, heights. I just cannot stop watching this performance.

It is way past Grammy, Tony or Oscar worthy! Somebody give Adam Lambert the Nobel Peace Prize for bringing folks together, and revitalizing their spirits with the One In A Billion voice from heaven!! Carry on Adam, carry on!

Vicki in Ohio said...

Absolutely awesome review, brought tears to my eyes. Saw the concert in Auburn Hills, my dream came true. Love Brian, Roger and band, what a thrill to see them live. Totally adore Adam M. Lambert, have been under his spell since Idol. Never felt like this about any other singer or entertainer in my life! It is hard to put into words how I feel about him. I know many of you out there feel the same and totally understand.

Vicki in Ohio said...

just like the lyrics in For Your Entertainment, "Once I'm in I own your heart"! So very true.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Artistsupporter. It was more than worth my time to read. I expect to remember it for a long time.

The Dark Side said...

Adam is hitting his stride with this show and getting better and better if possible. STL was a masterpiece of rock history. I am digging this Glam Rock shit from our Glam Rock God. He is also amazing Brian and Roger, who know they have found the perfect frontman.

Adamluv said...

@Magiclady - in total agreement. Love that last paragraph of the essay of the "thanking" of Adam for so many things. . . . Adamluv

Anonymous said...

I am so loving all the vids we get to see of each new concert. They and Adam are addictive. Since I am not able to go to any of the concerts, for me these videos are the next best thing. Adam seems to get more comfortable on the stage and is having so much fun with Brian, Roger and the audience. I enjoy reading all the positive reviews and the accolades that Adam has been receiving, but watching all the vids says it all without having to put it into words.