Skinpress Demo Rss

Blog + Pictures: "Queen + Adam Lambert, the Tale of Three Cities, Part 1" (Edmonton) by whosravennow

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Posted at : Thursday, June 26, 2014

***Note: @whosravennow gave permission to share here.. Go to the blog to see more TRULY AWESOME pictures from the Edmonton Queen + Adam Lambert concert!!! 

Queen + Adam Lambert, The Tale of Three Cities, part 1 Jun 25 by whosravennow

"I have been a fan of Adam Lambert for a couple of years now ever since a co-worker showed me one of his videos. I guess you could say I fell down the rabbit hole, as I found myself intrigued with his musical journey towards success. 

Of course, if you ask any of my friends they will say I am batshit crazy obsessed…haha, well luckily I only need a fix every other year. The first time I saw Adam Lambert live was in 2012, while he was on his own tour to promote his album, ‘Trespassing’, in Phoenix, Arizona. He possessed the ability to really captivate his crowd and thrill his rabid throng of Glamberts. At the time I considered myself a fan, but maybe not crazy enough to label myself a Glambert.

Fast forward to Sept 2013, in Vegas, at the iHeart festival I watched Queen featuring Adam Lambert’s entire set, transfixed. He nailed the complicated vocals easily. Pass me my Glambert badge. 

When Brian May and Roger Taylor announced that they would be embarking on a North American tour with Adam Lambert, I knew I was in. I was thrilled when they listed the cities that would be hosting them. Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver were on the list and I decided then and there that I would do all three cities. 

Edmonton had their turn last night. It was a warm evening and Rexall Place was full to the rafters. You could feel the anticipation; the arena came alive as the crowd of concert goers started a wave that wrapped the stadium and foot stomped, ‘We will rock you’. When the lights went down the roar went up as everyone leapt to their feet to the first throbs of ‘Now I’m here’. The curtain came down and Adam Lambert strutted confidently across the stage. With Roger Taylor on drums (also accompanied by his son, Rufus) and Brain May on one of his many guitars, Queen came alive. (albeit Freddie in spirit). I had a great view in row 2, alongside the thrust and was able to capture several photos. Old Queen fans were all around me and the lady next to me had flown from Tokyo just to see Brian May. I’ll let the following pictures tell the rest of the story. Next up, Calgary."

A sampling of pictures from the Blog:

Edmonton, Rexall Place, June 24, 2014 












MORE PICTURES on the blog: "myshinythoughts: Queen + Adam Lambert, The Tale of Three Cities, part 1 Jun 25 by whosravennow

Link here:
http://myshinythoughts.com/2014/06/25/queen-adam-lambert-the-tale-of-three-cities-part-1/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the nice pictures, with out people like you I would not be able to see any of the concerts. I appreciate it so much.

Anonymous said...

that leather is breakin' so many rulezzzz.:))

Anonymous said...

The last picyure is definitely "shades of Elvis".
I love these photograps. They captured something that most of the snapshot have not.

Anonymous said...

that would be picture and photographs.concert tiiirrred from staying up to hear all the great comments and see videos.

Anonymous said...

That gold top on Brian is really something. Was this Adam's influence? The outfits for this concert are absolutely fabulous. What a show both musically and fashion wise. This is what rock 'n roll is all about.

Anonymous said...

Every single one of these is "poster-worthy" especially the first one. Thank you so much for sharing.
OV

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much whosravennow!!! Thank goodness for fans like you who provide us with the story and the pics to this historical event! Those of us not able to see it in person are so so envious.

Anonymous said...

Love love love them all.
Thank you for the love.

Anonymous said...

@whosravennow and @glitzylady
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Went to the blog, too! Wau, just wau!!!